View Single Post
Originally Posted by fpp View Post

Otherwise I'm afraid my prediction has come true, as we've been beaten to the goal by the Android juggernaut.

For quite a few months now (ever since the Samsung Galaxy III appeared) it's been possible to connect an USB DAC to an Android phone (or some tablets) and stream music to it, using the standard UI, without hacking.

Too bad the one true 100% Linux phone can't do the same :-(
Hey, we were first, as smplayer doesn't require any hacks at all

Seriously though, I know what you mean - they're using their DSP where applicable, as Maemo's implementation of pulseaudio is blocking us. Following on retsaw idea about possible bugs in snd_usb module, exposed by pulseaudio, I've asked Pali to include latest version (module) in next kernel-power. Maybe it will help.

I'm sure, that experts like javispedro would manage to handle this problem - last time I've checked, he was lacking USB DAC hardware to test it, and wasn't able to find a way to emulate having one connected (for debugging our problems purpose). Understandably, as he just wanted to help - without being much interested in daily usage himself - he wasn't willing to buy USB DAC just for this purpose
---

There are many people - like me - who use N900 as main mobile computer/phone and plan to do so for long time - while no will to stand using any android toy. I'm sure, that completing it - for both mafw/system sounds/whatever user want playback and recording from external devices, would benefit many users much.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: