View Single Post
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Using mapbox-sfos-0.1+master.20170916171905.daedaf3-10.6.1.jolla.armv7hl.rpm and mapbox-sfos-debuginfo-0.1+master.20170916171905.daedaf3-10.6.1.jolla.armv7hl.rpm
  • Device : Jolla 1
  • SFOS version : not yet updated, still on 2.1.0.11 (cat /etc/sailfish-release)
  • Did it crash? Yes
  • If crashed, please start in terminal.
    • Did it crash in terminal? Yes
    • If crashed in terminal, please paste stdout
      Only a segfault on stdout. Running through gdb on device gives thoses details (devel-su pkcon install gdb; gdb mapbox-sfos; type "r "+ Return):
      Code:
      Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
      [Switching to LWP 11606]
      0x2a2333a8 in mbgl::RenderSymbolLayer::render(mbgl::PaintParameters&, mbgl::RenderSource*) ()
  • Is the map displayed properly? Before crash map is displayed OK
  • Are the names rendered? Yes
  • Does movement work? Yes
  • Does zoom work? Yes
  • Does rotation work? Yes
  • Does tilting work? Yes

Some notes:
So basically, the apps is working great but is killed after playing with it for some time (can be as low as 5 seconds, to 30 seconds), whatever the user action is (bearing, zooming...).

I have noticed a black square (a few pixels wide) on the top left of the screen. Not sure what it is, as it seems to always be there, no matter the map shown. Can provide a screenshot if needed.

Seeing those labels realign themselves while changing the bearing looks great and is really encouraging !

Please let me know if there is a way to get you more output from gdb (call trace, local variables....). I will update the version on my Fedora desktop to see if I can see the same failure or not.

The Following User Says Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post: