View Single Post
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
It works really well for low level Linux stuff (terminal, command line utils, diagnostic tools) but the thing that kept me from using it as my main phone in the end is the browser, which is very outdated now.

Basically the proprietary bits (HW drivers) have prevented an otherwise very free mobile OS from being updated, so the kernel is quite old and so is glibc. Can't update them without breaking the proprietary bits! Add in the poor specs (by today's standards) and it doesn't really cut it for your average Linux user's use case (some things like YouTube work most of the time but they are very slow).

In conclusion, yes I would buy one (I bought mine in 2015 I think) and it's useful and fun, but don't expect it to replace your "normal" smartphone!
Thank you for your reply.

Currently I don't own a smartphone, I have a Nokia 6500 . I had a tablet Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 but it doesn't work anymore. I want to have a phone that can be usefull and sometimes check e-mail (Hotmail), facebook and or search some stuff on the web. I like its design and keyboard. No smartphone has a real querty keyboard or are outdated as well.

I checked ebay and there's some N900 for 100€ so I thought that maybe it could be usefull and also because I think it has a high quality build that could survive some time.

Do you use yours everyday? Do you develop apps for it?

And if I may know, what do you do with it?

Last edited by vascoferreira; 2017-12-27 at 06:15. Reason: Minor details

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vascoferreira For This Useful Post: