View Single Post
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
I'm a bit new to userland programming - most of my work has been drivers or bootloaders and my experience with user code have generally been harrowing - with the exception of QT.

Originally Posted by epage View Post
I don't cache things between runs of the application but once something is downloaded, I don't re-download unless the user requests it.
Ditto. Which means I need to modify my claim that qgvdial is faster.
Unless otherwise proven, qgvdial should be at least as fast as DC.

Huh, that UI seems very familiar.
I learnt from the best.

Oh and about Voicemail support. With TOR I added to my GV API the ability to get the voicemail. I've been planning to make it so that Maemo would ask you to download the voicemail if you've gotten one. Contemplating this for DC what I would probably do is add a "Play" and "Save" button to the window that opens when you click a voicemail. I would hope I could have GStream stream directly from the GV site but unsure about permissions. I've been busy with some other audio apps and my Qt ports to work on this.
Voicemail is easy - GV site play link returns mp3 data (after a temporarily moved error). Save to a file and play it. Found this out the easy way - from the n900 browser if I click play, it asks to save an mp3.
Playing it directly didn't work for me through the media player nor through qtm-mediaplayer.

Since qtm-multimedia uses gstreamer as backend, it should be possible to add the gstream play to DC.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

The Following User Says Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post: