View Single Post
Originally Posted by AB3S View Post
I just installed the new version, maybe the gui is a little bit ugly and too small but this app works just fine for me! Many thanks
P.S. I don't use inception
Originally Posted by Dousan View Post
Also installed and working without inception here aswell, only thing is that the 'change songs' doesn't work for me when on lockscreen it only turns the volume down, no biggie though.
About the UI, it's not fancy in anyway, but works and reminds me of some of the GUI's from the mods on the N900

On another note 'descovered' that the remote on the earpiece works aswell when plugged in. The volume rocker does the same thing as the volume HW buttons does. Nice thing when taking photos, less of a chance they get shaken when pressing volume up.
Could the extra buttons on the earpiece remote be used to change other stuff in the camera app? e.g. the flash mode or the white balance and such?

Ohh one thing nothing would show in the txt fields in the app before i hit the 'save config' button and then after that i could load 'default config'.

Regards Dousan...

Yeahh also a big thanks from me for this app, very usefull...
thanks for testing guys!

thats pretty cool about the volume rocker. alas, i have no way of testing it to see what it does, but i suspect that theres no way to differentiate between the hardware vol keys and the headset rocker.

odd, playpause/next/prev works just fine for me. however, it ALSO changes the volume for me when on the bluerain-lockscreen {not the lowpower-lockscreen}.

could you do me a favor and try running it directly and pasting the output? {as root, 'stop apps/n9-button-monitor', then as user, '/opt/n9-button-monitor/n9-button-monitor.py'}

also, if anyone else has this problem, please let me know.

about the text not showing up, it starts out blank, and you can load either the default or the current config, modify it, and save it.

i did it that way because i found some painting issues in pyside when initializing a bunch of ui elements at once. {gui-library-type-problems, not bugs in my code} these painting issues could explain what youre seeing; elements would appear/disappear, text would show doubled up or not at all, the mouse would be slightly off, etc.
i have no idea why pyside doesnt just work; i dont really want to write QML and C++ code for such a simple thing.