View Single Post
Yeah, I saw this earlier.

It looks like a great phone. But I have a few gripes with it.
Firstly, its those capacitive buttons. Its not 2011 anymore, get rid of them.
Secondly, there's no microSD slot. So you better have it in 64GB model.
Thirdly, the loudspeaker is average. And its not stereo. And its not front firing. See SONY Z3.
Forthly, the screen. Its great in almost every way except... aspect ratio!
1920/1152 = 5/3 ratio. It ruins compatibility with even Android Apps, where there are cut offs and some missing buttons and so on. Just stick to 1080p... its better for videos, and Apps/webpages are better optimized for it. It also makes it less ergonomic.
Fifthly, speaking of ergonomics, place that headset jack on the bottom. Make those hardware keys a little more 'clicky'. Why make a removable backplate for a non-removable battery. Choose a premium unibody chasis or go with removable battery (if you're a really talented designer like me, do both).

And lastly, its toting a MediaTek MT6595. Strong CPU, Weak GPU, Heat issues, Sub-par battery management, a really mixed bag. Sometimes it behaves like a QSD 600, other times like the QSD 801. But that's the least of one's worries. Just make sure it is bootloader unlockable, and all the source code and documentation is there. In other words, make it dev-friendly. So much so that custom firmware could be loaded from the likes of Android, UbuntuPhone, SailOS, Tizen, Mer, or webOS.

I'd pay upto $500 for it, which seems to be what they're asking for.

PS I was thinking of buying a Nexus 5 just for SailOS, but this might be a better option

I'm flattered

Last edited by Kangal; 2015-03-01 at 17:27.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post: