Thread: BBC Micro
View Single Post
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Philadelphia
Originally Posted by lcuk View Post
so the workaround as suggested to me originally is due to a generic problem that has been there all along in fremantle, but was obviously handled differently by the n8x0 window manager?
I don't know how the N8x0 window manager handled it, but I imagine it was in a similar way. The fault is not with the window manager but with libsdl. It is possible (probable, indeed) that the version of libsdl on the N8x0 did not contain the bug, and so the issue never came up.

yes, but the same code in liqbase runs perfectly on diablo, i gather likewise for yourself the code seem to work properly for SDL on diablo too?
I don't know whether it worked on diablo. I'm afraid I've never used any Nseries operating system but fremantle.

the version in extras-devel is unstable atm, its just waiting for me to push some updates after a short trip, but since you know what you are looking for, if you identify the patch point, I would be most appreciative.
if it can be solved in a similar way to your fix - ie once for the entire app run, it will hopefully cure the other secondary liqbase problem where the symptoms of no text input return after minimizing.
Thanks, I'll take a look.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marnanel For This Useful Post: