Thread: Gpd win
View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by t-b View Post
Not for me, I don't care about Windows (for most people that seems to be main reason wanting a x86). I do care about battery life, Linux, community, quality, features and long term support. That is why I expect the Pyra to be a better option for me.
I am looking forward to see an unbiased comparison between both running a Linux distro.
BTW. they have designed the Pyra to be CPU upgradable so it might be possible to get an x86 on the Pyra as well.
I lost my patience and faith while waiting on OpenPandora to become something more than just a curiosity way back in 2010.

It's 2016, nearly 2017 and yet we're nowhere closer to where we'd rather be. It's almost like the oft-repeated, never actualized mantra of "Year of the Linux Desktop" - and here we've more than likely moved past desktops now to more mobile solutions.

I get the faith, the trust and even the merit behind your decisions. But I am no longer to be counted in that group of the faithful or patient.

In my estimation, I've been waiting since the mid-90's to now for something to become what I'd fully support and would fully support the needs and wants of my ideals around computing.

x86 or ARM; I don't really care. Just be real.

This has my attention though; I can admit that.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: