View Single Post
Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Free Heroes 2 is now in extras-devel!

We'll use this thread for bugreporting at first.

Instructions:

Install the program and copy your data and maps files (under DATA and MAPS folders in the original game) to /opt/fheroes2/files/data
and the map files under /opt/fheroes2/files/maps

You can have them elsewhere if you modify the fheroes2.cfg to point to the correct location.

Please note that Campaign mode and Kingdom view is not implemented in the upstream, so we'll have to wait until the developer implements those.

This is due to the fact that There is a demodata package coming to extras, with the demo data automagically installed.

if you don't have the game, you can download the demo data package from extras-devel, and be able to play it right away.

the config and save files are stored under ~/.fheroes2/fheroes2.cfg and ~/.fheroes2/save/
so if you have save files from playing the earlier versions, you can copy them there and they will (should) show up in the game.

Gameplay:
It seems to work very well on my device at least. Right click is mapped to ctrl-click, or you can enable longclick by changeing the line
# pocket pc = off
to
pocket pc = on
in the fheroes.cfg file mentioned above.

Big thank yous go out to MohamamdAG for the packaging assistance and Frank Banul for providing icon and desktop file.

PS: if you installed build 6 or earlier, you will have to modify your fheroes2.cfg file, or copy the new fheroes2_default.cfg file over it to get the correct data and maps paths for the demodata package. reinstalling will not automatically replace your cfg file.

The packages are optified. They will however take up 5786 bytes of data on your rootfs.

To install the data files from your original game you need to transfer the MAPS and DATA folders to your phone.

You then need to copy the contents from MyDocs to opt:
I have my data stored under Mydocs/Games/HOMM2/
so I would write the following to copy them to the proper place:
Code:
root
cp /home/user/MyDocs/games/HOMM2/MAPS/* /opt/fheroes2/files/maps/
cp /home/user/MyDocs/games/HOMM2/DATA/* /opt/fheroes2/files/data/
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

Last edited by mece; 2010-08-02 at 11:54.

The Following 41 Users Say Thank You to mece For This Useful Post: