View Single Post
During setting 2nd device for family member, I've encountered same problem - backupmenu was basically unusable, due to /usr/bin/evkey instead of /usr/sbin/evkey. I've modified backupmenu scripts to search in /usr/bin/evkey - it made backupmenu to start, but doesn't respond to any key pressed.

So, only one working way was to cop evkey between /usr/bin and /usr/sbin. It's rather workaround, than a proper solution. Why the heck it's like that? It's bootmenu's fault, or backupmenu's one?

BTW, it almost screwed me - I prepared Maemo mounting scripts to use ext4, and turned device off. I liked to start backupmenu, connect it in mass storage mode (read&write) and repartition it - yet, due to non-working backupmenu (via evkey disaster) I ended up with Maemo configured for one filesystem, yet, no possibility to reformat it before boot. Only fact, that ext3 can be mounted as ext4 saved me from reflash (I was able to boot using ext3 mounted as ext4, and copy evkey).

Of course, not demanding anything - it was my fault to not check backupmenu before (frankly, I trusted it, as it never failed me before ). even now, it seems to me, that latest bootmenu update screwed something.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: