View Single Post
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
No I didn't. I considered it but I decided that it would be more appropriate to post my questions publicly which would allow others to participate and voice their opinions. It would be rather spammy to send the same questions again in an email.
During the funding period of the Librem 15 laptop I wrote an e-mail with questions and suggestions about the hardware design.
It took some days (a week?) to get an initial reply by Todd Weaver but after that responses came quite fast. I think in the 2nd mail I asked him if I could publish the conversation publicly and he agreed.
In the end I didn't buy the device because I didn't like some of the hardware details, but I don't regret having written that e-mail.

Originally Posted by wicket View Post
The whole point of my post is that I am rather sceptical and I want to give them the opportunity to alleviate my scepticism.
I think I know what you mean. I have a feeling they put too much emphasis on PR, at least in comparison to their actual technical skills.
I believe so far their success is in part based on pure luck and while I wish them to continue having that kind of luck, I wouldn't want to bet my money on it, because I don't feel it's entirely deserved by their own work.
So I'd like to encourage you to write that e-mail to alleviate (or confirm) your scepticism.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post: