View Single Post
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United Kingdon
There was an earlier thread (which I can't find for love nor money) but i wanted to maybe discuss the viability of an overclock app.

Looks like the Stock CPU at 100% is clocked at 600Mhz and im guessing there is a 10% leeway on tolerances built in there.

A lot of people slated the option to overclock but Manufacturers need to take into account a lot of variables when specifying clock settings and im pretty sure we could squeeze more power out of this device if it is possible to force higher 100% clock speeds.

Not sure what the operating temperature range is for this device but it can probably operate at 100% in fairly high ambient temperatures which suggests that there is probably more scope for overclocking than people may imagine.

Remember that this device is configured to work worldwide, in hot climates as well as cold.

I'm no expert in mobile devices but i know a fair amount about components and tolerances in kit that comes to market so if anyone has any input feel free to rubish my claims or add any additional info.

I would suggest that 625MHZ should be eaily obtained but im pretty sure you could have a stable device at 650MHZ running at 100% for long periods with no issues if you can clock just the CPU and leave other bus speeds at specification. I havent looked into the architecture of the device but does anyone know the the CPU and GPU can be clock modified individually or do they share the same bus with each other or any other components such as memory?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to telnet For This Useful Post: