View Single Post
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by paolo_3_1415926 View Post
I have deeply enjoyed reading your set of posts and seeing how you persevered in solving the issues that kept popping up.
Thanks. I do posses this quality. My wife calls it "stubborness"

Originally Posted by sponka View Post
Looking at pics I assume this "white" is the same as N97 white is, a bit sparkling?
I wouldn't call it sparkling, although it does make that effect in certain light (such as the camera flash). This is because the back has a certain texture - same as the original only white - and the light reflects in the tiny pits.

Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
From past experience very often the plastic will be cheaper or the paint will wear away leaving your new purchase tatty looking.
Fortunately there is no paint to peel off but the plastic does feel cheap. But then, it was cheap Anyway, I am prepared to move it back to the original housing if I need to.

One thing I forgot to mention. It came with a Chinese keyboard. I wanted to keep it as it looked cool but only the white letters let the light through, not the blue symbols. So I used a different spare keyboard I happened to have lying around. The original was too worn out.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: