View Single Post
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Romania, Bucharest
This article is about open source vs proprietary closed systems, or about Maemo vs "iPad-ish OS". Here are some fragments, let me know what you think of the entire article:

" A computer has to be built by a smarter person than me, on technical and scientific basis that are way above average knowledge and common understanding, so that telling a computer to run a BASIC routine to be considered by the machine a game in a “sandbox” and nothing else at all.

I need to know that I use a computer as a tool that really is far above my comprehension, meaning it’s made in years of research and it’s made by teams of hundreds of smarter people than me, in order to rely on it.
This at least is one strong motive for Apple keeping a closed environment: protecting their own money, therefore protecting their programmers revenue. Don’t get me wrong: I’m blogging now from my N900, running a closest Maemo OS to open source in mobile tech. But open source should only be the seed, not the final product."

"Nokia has made almost no money from the apps, but only from device huge numbers, which are now threatened by Apple and Google. So they put a seed in the ground – Maemo – because they have no clue how to make money from apps and services."

The entire article here

Maemo community should be the exact opposite of the Apple fanboys, so ... hit hard!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onutz For This Useful Post: