View Single Post
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Yes, GStreamer is a complete (...), or send commands to change its behavior. I have access to all the same parameters, I just need to make those parameters available to you (in some form).
Thanks a lot for patiently explaining how gstreamer works, it's much easier to understand now And yes, your approach sounds much better in the middle and long run.

I'll see about adding controls as I go. I could probably re-use Pierogi's "endless panel" mechanism here to provide every last detail of every last element, if you'd like...
Yes, yes, yes! Please do such fine-grain control for tuning things is a tweaker heaven, and if Pierogi's implementation could be re-used (meaning less work for you), it just sounds great.

along with an "Auto" mode, which apparently chooses the mode that most closely matches the audio source). And, they've also got a separate "Quality" parameter, with an integer value ranging from 0 to 10. Anyway, I'll see if I can make these parameters available...
Heh, speex evolved much since I've last checked it docs. I don't know how well auto mode work in practice (for example, if background noise doesn't cheat it to use wider frequency than necessary for main target), but if it's OK, it sounds like good default choice?

And yes, I was just to report than upon recording with speex, I got .aac with .spx extension Good that you're already aware of it.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: