View Single Post
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
I could think you work at Jolla
At least part of your assumption is true: I work. I'm used to making decisions based on budgets, customer satisfaction, technical feasibility, employees available for the job etc. etc.

Business isn't about delivering everything to everybody in no time. Business is about budgets, priorities, cost, troubles with suppliers and distributors, legal issues and so on.

In my job, I set priorities that will make 2% of our customers leave our company... because I know that there is never enough money to keep 100% of them happy and I prefer keeping 98% rather than 2%. I have to deal with situations in which a vital system breaks down at the most crucial time of a sales campaign, trying to keep the business going with just anything available - including pen and paper for hundreds of thousands of orders.

I am used to things not working as they should, to missed timelines, promises not kept, and so forth. That's business. That's life. That's normal. Not being able to deal with it means, basically, not being able to deal with life as it is.

Maybe it's this experience that makes me stay calm when a software feature isn't implemented perfectly, when the other half of my dreams isn't available from the Jolla Store or when there's still no spare battery to buy. I just assume they do their best and that they have a sane list of priorities. In the meantime, I enjoy my Jolla phone which has been my main phone for months now. Because: None of the minor issues above makes it a bad phone or unusable, as some write.

As for the accounts on twitter I mentioned in a post above - I wonder what their daytime jobs are. I wonder if they have jobs at all... and how they'd react if I were one of their customers and use the same foul language and ad hominem attacks in public.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post: