View Single Post
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Alrighty then... So let's go back to Nokia stock, shall we?

Nokia Sales Slump Puts Pressure on Elop to Consider Split

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...consider-split

From the article:
"The stock fell 7.2 percent to 3.04 euros in Helsinki, cutting the company’s value to 11.4 billion euros ($15 billion). Yesterday, the company dropped 14.5 percent, the steepest fall since May 2011. Espoo, Finland-based Nokia has lost almost 70 billion euros of market capitalization since Apple Inc. (AAPL) (AAPL) started shipping the iPhone in 2007.

"Morgan Stanley and Credit Suisse are among banks that cut their price estimates, while Grupo Santander and Societe Generale analysts lowered their ratings.

"Elop, 48, shifted to Microsoft’s Windows Phone system 14 months ago, after determining Nokia’s Symbian and Meego couldn’t keep up with Google Inc. (GOOG) (GOOG)’s Android system and the iPhone. Nokia reported an operating loss of about 3 percent of sales at the devices and services division last quarter, citing weak sales in India, the Middle East, Africa and China."

So much for those "emerging markets" that people keep claiming would keep growing despite US and European declines. CEO Derp is doing a BANG-UP job prepping this company for Microsoft, eh? Actually, it doesn't even look like the company will be saved, from what I read here--Nokia might even end up just selling patents to Microsoft just to survive. Well--you keep selling off your most valuable parts, what are you left with as a company? That's just my observation/opinion, though. What the hell do I know? I'm not an investment guy and I can't make recommendations but.. heh.. does it take one to see what's going on?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR