View Single Post
Upstream kernel has already debugfs for musb. I do not know if it is enough for forced host mode or not, but due to bug changes in upstream musb driver and usb code, we cannot backport upstream musb to 2.6.28.

Another problem with enumerating is somewhere in kernel modules. Sometimes it is needed to unload and load g_file_storage driver, otherwise enumeration failing and flooding dmesg with lot of errors...

I really do not know why reloading g_file_storage is needed (maybe bug in ulpi/usb/gadget code?), but it fixed more errors when I used *my* usb devices. Last time when I looked into H-E-N code it does *not* unload & load gagdet driver and my usbmode.sh script doing it. So this is reason why I suggest also try to use usbmode.sh and not only H-E-N. I do not know if somebody else has similar problem with g_file_storage or not.

And if I want to start usb host mode with charging I must do: disconnect charger, switch to peripheral mode, then switch to usb host mode with charging and then after enumeration connect charger and change boost mode back to charger. I'm not able to enable host mode (+enumeration) with attached charger.

I do not have time, so I cannot look at problems and debug it...

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post: