View Single Post
Posts: 57 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
A lot of people seem to be confused about the dock, saying the n900 / n8 whatever else can do this...

TV out isn't what this phone does.

It runs a desktop UI including a fully fledged desktop version of firefox when docked, whilst maintaining the phone in a window on the desktop (that is able to be full screened etc) and all applications are able to be run in tabs in windows...

Sure the n900 may be able to run a desktop UI through windows98 which may or may not work with tv out, but it doesn't really compare to having an off the self product that is able to function as a phone, TV media centre with remote, netbook and desktop, across 3 different UI's, and that is more powerful than my msi wind...

I'm not a huge fan of Motorola and the motoblur ui is inferior to stock android, but props where props are due, this thing is leaps and bounds ahead of what other people are doing and as long as the accessories are priced right, this thing will change the way phones are used, and I imagine as of yesterday, every other phone maker is trying to recreate this...

I'm still waiting to see what the n9 is going to be before I upgrade from my n900, but my doubts are growing and I think are summed up perfectly by:

Originally Posted by cenwesi
PS: Is Nokia even at CES?