View Single Post
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
Yea, I did think of doing the full reballing repair with my hot air reworker but I really need to start making the pine into my new daily driver, I still would like to fix it in the future though.

Also the app situation has improved and I have GPS working, one issue is current build has quit taking and making phone calls after using it for a few days and reboot doesn't fix it.
https://wiki.mobian-project.org/doku.php?id=apps
Apps are still pretty slow since it has a weak CPU but the experience with a bit of work is far better than even three months ago.
Re:my need fo audio book, cozy has been mretty well optomized; I dont like it as well as Panucci but it works well enough for now.

Maybe it is just a relief to be interacting over SSH/SCP with a real proper Linux system post Maemo/N900 after having done Microg for LineageOS installs for other people.

I still really want to see a working phone Maemo-Leste build for the pinephone soon.
Reballing is the best option but no need for it. The simple pressure method still works fine. Mine is ok for more than 3 years

The Following User Says Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post: