View Single Post
Posts: 433 | Thanked: 727 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Costa Blanca, España
Hi ppl,
someone mentioned earlier about fake Nokia N9's on ebay/elsewhere and it's true to say that the easiest way to spot a fake is simply by the fact it has the N9 logo on the front top left of the screen.
The genuine article does NOT sport the physically the N9 logo ANYWHERE on the phone.
There is an N950 for sale on Ebay, probably a scam, I don't know.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2712173114...=p5197.c0.m619

The seller is asking $5000 (£3,249)!!, it must be made of gold!, I know the N950 is a rare device and is only 'loaned' to devs by agreement of Nokia, apparently and more to the point, if Nokia washed their hands with Meego development, then why would it matter if ex-devs sold their out dated, underpowered, development phone??
Anyway, $5000 is way too much for such a lame product and is now really only for the most hardened Nokia fan.
May as well just get a 2nd hand N9 and realise how limiting the OS and the hardware are, I should know, I have an N9 and I love it to bits, for it's quirkyness and the fact that I don't know anyone personally who has one, but it's still totally under developed and ultimately, I'm glad I only paid £200 and not the original NEW price.
Let's see what Jolla brings, I have preordered

The Following User Says Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post: