View Single Post
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 535 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Karlsruhe, Germany
Marble 1.2.85 aka 1.3 Beta 2 is currently uploading to extras-devel. It can show elevation profiles for routes (worldwide). The required data is downloaded from a KDE server and cached locally such that subsequent calculations of elevation profiles work offline.

Two new overlays show GPS information (speed, altitude, direction, precision).

If you wonder about the map theme above, that is CloudMade Midnight Commander, recently done as a Google Code-In task.

Panning now does kinetic spinning, i.e. when moving the map it does not stop immediately, but will keep going a bit in the same direction, gradually decelerating. It's not working entirely perfect yet on the N900, but I hope to resolve the remaining glitches until the final release (end of January 2012).

Due to the incompatibility with the development snapshot of monav-routing-daemon someone uploaded to extras-devel Marble has a Conflicts entry for that version of monav-routing-daemon. If you're running on extras-devel and already upgraded to that version of monav-routing-daemon, you won't be able to install Marble. Please downgrade to monav-routing-daemon in extras or extras-testing before installing Marble:
Code:
apt-get install monav-routing-daemon=0.3.release-1
Note that our list of speakers for voice navigation is updated as new submissions come in. Check back regularly if your native language is still missing, or even better contribute a speaker file.

Our Meego (Harmattan) version is progressing nicely as well (more on that), here's a recent screenshot:

What are the preferences here regarding Harmattan details, are you interested in updates on it or shall I spare that out in this thread?

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to earthwings For This Useful Post: