View Single Post
Posts: 433 | Thanked: 727 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Costa Blanca, Espaņa
Finally, I got it all working, not sure where I went wrong initially, but now I have the tasmota web interface. No more crawling under tables on cold tiles to turn the power off.

Be nice if the web interface was.....a little less bland, but I understand that customising takes up valuable memory/space on the switch. Also, seeing as I'm only using a basic sonoff switch, it would be nice not to see all other buttons except 'Toggle', as that's all I can use anyway.

Thanks for input & hints guys.

EDIT: Initially, the tasmota web interface was slow, I blamed this on my ageing router. In the end, I checked out the Firmware Upgrade button, pursed my lips and clicked it.....within a few painless minutes, my tasmota fw was updated OTA from 5.4.1 to 6.4.1 and now the web interface is pretty quick (sorry Netgear DG384GT, you're forgiven!).

I think I will take a look at customising the web interface UI and reduce all other buttons except for 'Toggle' to a hidden menu......sounds like a challenge!

I also noticed a Home Automation app in Openrepos for SFOS (Home Assistant) that appears to be compatible with tasmota https://openrepos.net/content/aa13q/...sistant-client

Last edited by Markkyboy; 2019-02-16 at 19:01.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post: