View Single Post
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Wise words. Some part [...] ...are much more easy to say than do - from my point of view, Matti Airas lately isn't involved *at all*, so it's quite hard to communicate, empower, etc, when You don't have partner to do so.
However, there is still communication and empowerment that can be done within the community.

It's also not yet been posted in this thread, but Quim has resumed the position of Nokia's Maemo Community Manager.

if elected- I would like to [...]
Why do you need to wait to be elected? Help shine light on things, help the Council coordinate/minute/communicate meetings, help moderate the tone of all parties...

try every possible way of "straightening" Community/Nokia relations, and, if that fail, part ways without hostility from either side. I must add, that I don't consider second option is a loss in any way
I'm afraid I do. Having someone contracted, and paid, to maintain the servers (even if they haven't been responsive to out-of-band requests recently) is not an insignificant task.

To be clear, again, I do not think the long-running "Ask the Council" thread is where brainstorming should be happening. It was intended for one off questions, or to point the council at a different thread (possibly on a different medium). Wide-ranging discussions should be being held on their own thread, and highlighted so that people who don't review all threads on TMO regularly can participate.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post: