View Single Post
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Nope, no window opening. It did work well when I untared the rootfs as nemo and then fixed the uid 0 issues, but that certainly caused a lot of other issues that maybe did not prevent opening xwayland, but surely would have caused a lot of other permission issues. I just did not play much with it when it worked so I had no chances to see any bugs. That time, the rootfs was unpacked in /opt according to Preflex's instructions and not on the SD, and I have not tried this again because apparently unpacking as nemo is not the way to go, and the untar process is very long so I could not do many experiments.

I would love to try with Debian or the Android runtime, or anything that could work really, but I have no idea where to start with and I have no skills to tweak things around to make it work. My only experience with chroot are EasyDebian on N900 or Preflex's instructions here, and there is no way I could do it myself without some pre-configured scripts and instructions. :/

It's sad that Preflex suddenly disappeared while his app was almost ready according to his posts. He has not replied to my PM a few days ago, hope nothing bad happened to him and that it's just a loss of interest in this project.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post: