View Single Post
Originally Posted by pataphysician View Post
I wonder is your router still showing you connected at wireless N 2.4 Ghz or does it now show 5Ghz?

I think WPA2 is needed for 5Ghz mode to be available, so if you were using WPA previously, it might be a problem with the N9 and your router and 2.4Ghz mode wireless N.
It still says 2.4Ghz for this device. However there is some 802.11b device on there, maybe my old iPhone, so I will have to figure out what that older wifi device is. Maybe that is causing the WAP to degrade to a slower speed.

Still having trouble downloading apps from ovi... i get into the app store ok, and appear to be logged in, but when i try to download apps, the "busy" spinner just spins and never times out or completes.

But that could be a server side thing. My suspicion is that maybe because there is no phone number bound to this phone, that the app store isn't able to complete the download. But I'm off to look into adding this phone to our cel plan! Yeeha!

Thanks again for taking the time to help out pataphysician (and MFaroTusino also)!