View Single Post
qole;

Here's what I've done so far and what I suspect might bring it a bit closer.

Keep in mind, this is pure speculation as I have absolutely ZERO knowledge with Aegis, or any TCP.

We'll need to modify `/var/lib/aegis/restok/restok.conf` and insert a capability request for a single binary that will execute and drop into the chroot environment.

Code:
Package: qole
Source: com.nokia.maemo
Object: /opt/qole-chroot-exec
Request:
	UID::root
        GID::disk
	CAP::sys_chroot
        CAP::fowner
        CAP::fsetid
        CAP::chown
        CAP::sys_admin
        CAP::dac_override
Policy: add
and then run `aegis-loader` to reload the configuration file. More capabilities might be needed, such as sys_mknod, sys_resource or rawio and you may have to register through dbus in order for it to all work?

Once /opt/qole-chroot-exec is run, it will eventually request capabilities from aegis and assumingly, if running in "relaxed mode", it will give authorize the above capabilities under suidroot (uid 0) for the unsigned binary -- allowing for a rudimentary root change. Whether or not after that, you can exec binaries, is a piss in the wind.

I don't know the flow of the TC implementation, so again this is just how I imagine it might work. It's all negated if injecting into com.nokia.* requires signatures.

See https://meego.gitorious.org/meego-pl.../credp/credp.c for what looks like how restok is handled when setting policy credentials and a bit more of what happens.

Last edited by hawaii; 2011-08-09 at 17:29.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post: