View Single Post
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
My personal opinion is that the community should have a say in those who represent it on the Board. I say that as the only member of the current Board to have received any votes for that position (I placed 4th in the last election).

I would personally like to see the Board announce elections as soon as it reasonably can, given the current negotiations with Nokia and providers. That said, this will very likely result in a co-election with Council and Board at one time, as was done in the previous cycle. That (again IMPO) would be the least strenuous way to handle this, for the community, the new infrastructure, and the governing bodies involved.

To that affect, I will reflect that to the Board as a new member of that body. My opinion may change based on information I'm not aware of at the moment. If such reasons are valid, I will strive make them as known as I can without breaching my duties as a Board member. My hope is to bring a bit more transparency to the Board where it is reasonable to do so.

Finally, I would like to say that I do not know Jim Jagielski (the other Board appointee) personally. Like many I've spoken with, I am also wary of inviting non-Maemo persons into leadership positions, including the Board. However, from what I've reviewed of his current and past careers, I see a great deal of potential benefit to having him on board. How that will play out is yet to be seen, but I feel the potential benefits may be worth the risk in this case.

Right now, I am continuing my focus on assisting in stabilizing the infrastructure to allow voting in the near future, as Council elections are upcoming in any case in the next couple months. Once I get formal word form the Board and am added to the proper mailing-lists I will no doubt have more to say (and more work to do) in this arena.

Last edited by woody14619; 2013-03-05 at 21:16.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post: