View Single Post
sorry i can't post in as much detail as i'd like but internet connection is flaky as hell. 2g won't connect despite 4 bars, 3g going up and down like crazy. i'm standing right by the window in london borough ffs.

first, python-central: depreciated now in favour of dh_python. a guide exists on debian wiki to migrate and there is a backport to wheezy. didn't download it this morning at home to try building, sure as hell aren't going to try at the moment. so what about the version we have? well, it doesn't support 2.7. need at least 0.6.17, last version i can find, last before it got removed from debian. i did manage to build it, all i changed was rules file to add scratchbox section from our 0.6.11 package and depends in control file to match ours (ie python2.5 added, po4a removed). haven't tested as it's on laptop, with dead battery, and it needs another package (python-defaults iirc) to be updated. so when laptop charged a bit after lunch i'll take a look.

there is one change regarding cleanup of packages that works on 2.3, 2.4, 2.5 only. notes that 2.6 wasn't shipped and change not required on 2.7, but this may not be the case for us.

python-minimal: /usr/share/python/debian-defaults doesn't list what to do with 2.7 (supported/unsupported). not sure if necessary to add that we support 2.7 but keep 2.5 listed as default.

gonna keep digging with what i've got unless connection stablizes in which case i'll look at dh_python.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post: