View Single Post
Building gcc-4.6 on autobuilder might be near impossible.
Builder won't build package with same name on SDK, e.g binutils. "Package binutils provides binary package binutils which is also available on the device or Nokia repository. Build of this package has been prevented."

Even there are package bison-2.4 which replaces bison, autobuilder wont' install it.
"E: Packages need to be removed but remove is disabled."
Solution: package 'bison-2.4' doesn't conflicts with 'bison' but contains file 'bison-2.4', and it must be called by that name.

There are now binutils2.22 on extras, and it will replace binutils, so builder won't install it -> there must be ld-2.22, ar-2.22 and so on....

Another finding: gcc-4.2 depends binutils *with* version, so there must be package named exactly binutils, providing it is not enough. (7.5 on http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-pol...tionships.html ). So gcc-4.2 and binutils2.22 can't be installed same time (and that was exactly my plan to compile gcc-4.6 on builder).

My goal was make this transparently and I though autobuilder is transparent; public build-logs, accessible source and binary packages.

Any ideas what is the second best way? Locally built and dumb to the non-free section (autobuilder might then could use gcc-4.6, but not binutils2-22)? How to get builder's policy changed? How to get builder working with CSSU-repository?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post: