View Single Post
Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
My guess is with your assumption that it did not get wet. Remember that your N900 is not waterproof by design and if any water was absorbed through any of the holes on N900 (there's plenty of them) could damage the device if the device was not later cleaned out and left to dry properly.

If the symptoms you mentioned above started happening after you fell into the small pond. It is relative safe to say that your device has been affected by water (or any other things that lives in the pond). You did not mention that the device was later disassembled, cleaned properly and left to dry would have potentially caused some damage. Though alternatively you should have immediately taken the device to Nokia Care to make sure they can properly remedy the effect.

If my predictions are right, there is very little you can do to rectify the problem as the water damage may have already left an imprint inside the device. There might be a thing you could do, that is to take it to your nearest Nokia Care and see if they can clean it out (and/or replace damaged/affected components where possible). Though, in saying so to drop your device off at Nokia Care, you may not be able to get your N900 repaired as there is a shortage on the spare parts for N900 and you may end up with a N8 or E7 (maybe even N9 if you are lucky enough to convince Nokia Care you are not satisfied with either of those symbian powered device and you would happily wait for a replacement which could possibly be a fair few months in the waiting process. Though I would not hold my breath on getting a N9 after you turned down for either N8 and/or E7 as replacement device).

The Following User Says Thank You to tuxsavvy For This Useful Post: