View Single Post
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
My repeated concerns about a council of just 3 seem to have fallen on deaf ears.

Right now I am in between jobs. Whilst I'm not job hunting, the rest of my time is mostly spent on a technical article I am writing, I am also researching, planning and developing my DebiaN900 successor and figuring out how I might be able to make a living from it. If I get a job offer and choose to accept it, the time I would be able to dedicate to the council would be drastically reduced. Some councillors have previously had to reduce their contribution without causing too much impact and I thought I might be able to do the same should the situation arise. On a council of 3 however, I would hate to do that and leave all of the work to just the 2 remaining members. Also, I am on UTC -5 and the other three candidates are located in Europe. I think it would be difficult to find a suitable time for council meetings if I am in full-time employment.

After much thought and consideration, I have decided to withdraw my candidacy. I realise the disruption that this causes and that the elections cannot now go ahead until another candidate is found. I am very sorry for that but I believe that it is better that I withdraw now than at a later date which would be potentially be much more problematic.

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post: