View Single Post
I don't understand why everyone is so worked up about this yet to be functional Sprint Xohm Wimax. Firstly, I was under the opinion that it will initially be tested on Chicago, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C. Those are popular areas, but I don't see how it's possible everyone on internettablettalk.com lives there. Hell, I live in NYC and Sprint isn't even going to offer it here! If it's not in NYC, there's a slim chance it will reach some no name cities.

Secondly, the costs! I guess the IT is already an expensive toy but I am not made of money. It's one thing to cough up some dough and another to cough up that dough monthly. Data plan's aren't cheap, experimental plans aren't cheap, and Sprint isn't cheap, so I don't expect an experimental data plan from Sprint to be cheap. Then again, that's just me.

Thirdly, the battery. I don't know how it will fare so I will just leave it at that. Battery life of online gadgets is always pretty poor, so I don't know if this point is exactly valid. I like BT tethering because it takes very little battery life from the IT, but it kills my phone. I guess there's just no getting around the battery life. At least the battery is replaceable, unlike some (Apple) devices.

So, on another note I just got a N810. I don't want to wait for the wimax version, and I don't even know if I will use the wimax or be impressed by it. I am selling my N800 on ebay, so I will do that shortly and post again in the for sale section.