View Single Post
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by dodgevipergts View Post
... I definitely don't want to consume much media, i use the internet mainly for reading news, i play my music though the FM transmitter on my old 80's stereo or in a car and i occasionally watch classic British comedy's on my phone or though HDMI on my TV. I do like to make changes to my phone though mods and hacks.
Ah, well, that does sound a little better. And, I should say, with an N900, you don't hack/jailbreak/root/etc. The phone is yours; you can add, remove, or modify the software to your heart's content. (Probably the best feature of the N900...)

Also on the 'why would you want to play 720p or 1080p videos on a tiny resolution screen'. I agree with you. but i fear some of the videos may come in only high resolutions.
Whenever I want to watch shows on my N900, I put the video through Handbrake first before loading it onto the phone. Allowing a desktop machine to take its time converting a video to 480p is always going to result in higher quality than forcing a cell phone to do it in real time.

By the way whats the hardware keyboard like, particularly for texting is it any good?
I like it, but then, I have almost no experience with other cellphone hardware keyboards. (There's so few phones left out there with HW keyboards any more...)

And whats the on screen portrait keyboard like
Hmm, I've gotta admit that I always use the hardware keyboard...