View Single Post
Very worrying behaviour that should be either off by default or at least toggable in 'My profile':
That popup at the top about updates? I always assumed clicking it will take you to the updates page to make the decision. Since it never worked as I assumed, left it for the 5 seconds today and to my surprise it went and installed new updates without any interaction... wth? If someone pushes bricking update and connection lagged when someone started warehouse and then went to make a tea in the kitchen he would return to a bricked Jolla. Not cool. Please make it 'opt in'. Current behaviour (installing things without any active confirmation from user, passive 5 second cancel is fine when action was started by the user) some would classify as malware.

(sorry if above is harsh sounding, love the app please keep at it, awesome stuff. Would love to see this -devel thing replacing our extras-testing, as we have now Jolla store which would be real tested extras + all the untested stuff in Warehouse as -devel, why not make a sub-selection of apps that got enough thumbs ups/positive feedback from people installing it that would work like extras-testing? Positive feedback = not bricking, not yet ready for Jolla store, but people tested/liked it? We'd be back in N900 heaven (then again, ghost accounts thumbing up en masse to push malware as -testing could be a concern...))

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post: