View Single Post
Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
There are about three or four levels of my responses to people asking for help on this forum, and all are modified by my perception of the level of user I may be responding to and their post counts.

Even google here does not always provide a good result.

Particularly aggravating is the poster who writes a they didn't search, just please solve their problem. Perhaps worse is the poster who when told the information is on the forum responds to my post asking me to look it up for them.

Some questions bear repeating, such as what is the cheapest phone/data plan, because they change with time.

I just started using fbreader again and could not deduce how to turn a page at a time (small scroll, 24 lines). I could not find it in the wicki links either. After about 15 minutes of searching I found what I thought was a good summary.

http://www.teleread.org/blog/2007/08.../#fbreadertips

and put it in the wicki.

I was looking for a good step by step guide for setting up rsync again. Almost all the threads here had snippets and a search for rsync on the wicki turned up zilch. I explained that and allnameswereout kindly posted me an excellent link.

Posters who do not seem interested enough to do some work should not expect us to do it for them.

Also there should be a link to Tablet Scene on more pages.
PLEASE use the Wiki

The Following User Says Thank You to gemniii42 For This Useful Post: