View Single Post
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
We have an issue at Maemo.org package interface. Apparently it's not possible to promote applications to Extras if they depend on non-free packages. We have discussed the question in latest Council meeting and agreed that the rule should be avoided.
Can you elaborate? I thought non-free packages can be promoted at will by the maintainer?

I'm not sure what the issue is, but if it's the disposition of otherwise free packages that depend on non-free ones, it's a big one that should be discussed more widely (preferably on maemo-developers). One option would be to introduce a "contrib" component for those as Debian does.

This for instance is plain wrong (it should be in non-free, according to the content's licence). The free repositories should only contain freely-redistributable packages. If this was done so something that depends on it can also go in free then it's doubly wrong!

This is blocking further improvements to package qt-components for Fremantle. Now that Nokia has granted permission to package Harmattan icons and Nokia Pure fonts
I don't see the permission there, just a reference to "previous posts" but there are none in that thread. URL?

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post: