View Single Post
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
It seems to me that the risk of council being derailed regarding proper representation of community is about equally high as for board
I get and understand everything everyone has said here. But this horse is not only dead, but has now been beaten into a fine purée, here, in Council, on IRC, and several other places.

The community is in a state of transition. No one knows for sure where things are going to go. Rather then try to predict the future, the outgoing Council choose to let this ride for one more term. That way, as a community we can see how everything looks if/when we're on the other side of the mirror in 3 to 6 months, and make an educated choice instead of a wild guess.

For now, I see Council and the Board working jointly on several things, and separately on a few key items that Council can't work on for legal reasons. By the time the community has to deal with this again we'll be at least 3 months in, and will have a much clearer idea of where things are, what's going on, and what the community needs.

Right now, things look good to me. We have an incoming Council, with active members. We have a Board ready to go, and one overlapping member who's already agreed to try to act as a conduit for the two. In spite of everything that's happened, I think we actually got a pretty nice setup in the end.

Let's focus on the immediate future for now, and leave this detail until January/February, instead of investing precious time and resources on it right this second, when doing so may prevent it from ever mattering, ok?

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post: