View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by snowboarder View Post
Let me just say that I do love the phone immensely but I'm also starting to hate it at the same time. When it works it's just the slickest mobile I've ever used but unfortunately that's only maybe 20% of the time that I use it.
Here's a partial list...maybe some of you out there have found some answers /solutions to some of these...

1. phone works well until around 75%. Below that I start to get the 4% bug every 5-10 mins no matter how many times I do the /sbin/stop bme / start command.

2. When the phone hits about 60% it just starts turning off on it's own continuously and will only stay on every 3-4 reboots and then only as long as its in power saving mode and I do nothing with it. Playing music or surfing is out of the question completely.

3.The battery and it's reporting system just plain sucks. I have never seen anything so piss poor before. One minute the phone says 80% and then I check again...lets say half an hour later and it says 55% and it's been on power saving mode and in my pocket.

4. Going from Maps to Drive is a crapshoot. Once I have a place mapped out and then I select "navigation", the Drive logo will just sit there until I swipe out of it and try it a few more times. Eventually it get's it right but it gets annoying.

I love the UI...the most beautiful and elegant I've ever seen or used and I've had and used all the smartphones out there. Nothing and I mean NOTHING tops the UI...the smoothness, the simplicity of it. But it really sucks when I can only use the phone to it's top potential from 94% to 80%.

This is the first and last time I'm taking the N9 on one of my trips to Germany. When I get back home I'm retiring her to the collection.
Nokia had a winner on it's hands but it was too stupid and short sighted when it hired the bumbling fool / Microsoft flunky and he followed his masters orders to trash Harmattan.

On another note, I've decided not to support the Jolla team either. They put out a substandard product with the N9 and I can't really see them putting out anything better either. They worked on Harmattan for years and this is what we got.

So that everyone knows, my phone is not rooted and does not have any funky stuff going on with it either. I've replaced the battery already as well.

In regards to Nokia? They've become a joke and are where they belong...at the bottom of the toilet bowl. They told us we would have support until 2015 and now they refuse to fix things that came with the phone that are starting to break (dropbox, 4% battery, etc). The Asha is just a dumbed down Harmattan but they can't spend a few thousand to fix the dire problems with the N9. No one is dumb enough to hope for a new PR but we should at least have fixes for these serious problems that plague this phone. Needless to say Nokia will never see another dime from me and this after I've owned every single Linux piece of gear they've created. I'm sure they could give a c**p and that's fine too.

These are my opinions and experiences and MINE only. If you're going to scream/shout/howl about how stupid I am don't bother....it's just an internet forum after all.

SB
You are not alone in your experiences. The coders (current members of Jolla) left an unfinished product. The OS was beta from the beginning and never refined. It had probably the worst email client in the history of smartphones, and the most unreliable and quirky OS in the modern history of smartphones. Thank ex-Meego coders, apparently now at Jolla, for never finishing the product. Lets see if Jolla first phone gives the same experience (a suicidal idea, as it will wipe the company of the face of the earth), or whether the coders there learned that beta versions are unacceptable in 2014.