View Single Post
Originally Posted by maegon9y00 View Post
@TheKit, thanks for this alfa port!

I want to experience Sailfish OS, and the cheaper way (actually the only one, given my location and circumstances) is test it on Motorola Droid 4 XT894

I don't have a Motorola Droid 4 XT894 yet, and I know this is an alpha, but I wonder if:

-Both cameras (Primary 8mp and secondary 1.3mp) are working to take photos?
-HDMI port it works?
-Bluetooth doesn't work at all? (i.e to send a file to a laptop or another phone)
-It is possible to record audio?
Honestly I wouldn't recommend it if your goal is to experience Sailfish OS, since the port is still in early stage. You might be able to get Nexus 4 for cheap, for example, which has better hardware and mature port. But to answer your questions:
  • Both cameras work for taking photos.
  • HDMI is untested, but likely it won't work, since SailfishOS doesn't have support for secondary outputs, and there was no HDMI on Jolla Tablet.
  • Bluetooth can scan and detect the devices, but something prevents it from making actual connection, so no.
  • You mean like a sound recorder? Yes, there is an application to record sound from mic in warehouse. If you mean voice calls recording, I didn't try it yet, but it might need more work.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post: