View Single Post
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Re changing route: I don't think you can do it interactively. The best bet is to start driving and hope for rerouting. As far as I remember, modRana has rerouting logic implemented, but I am not sure whether its exposed in the current code.
That's unfortunate.
Of couse I can just decide to ignore instructions if I know the route. But then I don't need routing at all.
If I don't know the route then unexpectedly ending up on an S2 trail is not an option. I might be riding my road bike or I may have company that can't handle S2.

I'll have to plan the route in advance anyway, but I don't see me remembering which instructions to follow and which to ignore on a 100km tour. So planning the route the way I intend to ride it is imperative.

Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Re espeak-English vs German: no wonder . There are better TTS engines available, some with German support. But they would have to be interfaced from modRana as well as selection of language for routing instructions.
I found that espeak can use German pronounciation if one provides the option -vde with the string it should read. The result is not pleasant but it's understandable. Adding something like +m3 or +f2 to the option even lets one pick one of four male or two female voices. Although I must say that the different voices of one gender all sound the same or at least very similar.
So it would be nice if one could tell modrana to use that switch.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post: