View Single Post
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
my reason for suggesting a move not centered around meego was based on the fact that the project is transitioning to tizen. Are the current community devs happy with this change? Will the HTML5 focus lose developers? What will happen with QT/QML? Lots of questions whose answers will not be known for some time yet.

Meego, as it currently stands, as several have pointed out, is probably the best way forward at the moment. It is more up to date, better drivers etc etc. My suggestion was purely about in the long term. Unfortunately I wasn't around when Mer was, so I don't know the full story there.
blah blah blah. Video camera doesn't work, I can only just launch a phone call from the phone book and their idea of milestone worth advertising is 'ringtone sounds on incoming call' (mostly). Somehow i get the impression it still is not ready for normal consumption. Oh that and the 'meego ce is not for end users' thing. face it, meego blows. There are NO meego devices and even if there were, there is no software to run on them and even if there was there is no gui to organise it. I want to like meego so much but it is just a relentless saga of fail.

But at least there is an n950 version almost ready. Herp derp F-OFF plebs, your not 1337 enough to be in the meego club.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post: