View Single Post
Originally Posted by Ashbeck View Post
i don't think pentile is that bad, I mean, you must do some stressing for you to see it, Well for me, the range i hold the phone when walking and on a day to day basic is fine.

whites, are a problem, But thats what you get when you have new technologies, Like Plasma,

Peoples don't forget try using your Amoled on low brightness, because it has burn-in when you have full brightness and displaying the same thing over and over

Some tips, Avoid using the same time format, every few weeks switch from AM/PM to 24 hrs because the M might burn in. and it will leave marks on your phone screen.

Get a short display timeout- OLEDS break up over time, the brighter the display the faster they bread down.

Avoid Deep blues, Or blues, the blues have the fastest breakdown rate. Greens are better and last the longest.

Try shifting your icons so they don't burn -In and leave marks on your screen.

there is an image from Gsmaerna showing Amoled v SLCD, real world close up
Kudos to you. I completely agree. Some people are just really making a big deal out of it. The average human eye won't even be able to tell the difference if it's pentile or not. The only people who keep complaining about it are the ones who hold their phones 5cm away from their eyes and claim to be display tech experts, and it's annoying that this has become a "problem" people can't get over about.

For the record, I am no expert when it comes to display technology, but ever since I got my N9, NOBODY (and I really mean NOBODY) has ever told me the N9 has an ugly screen. On the contrary, it has been all praises and "oohs and ahhhhs", and to think my friends all use iPhones and Galaxy S IIs. I don't necessarily brag about it, but to be honest, the N9's screen is definitely one of the best out there, especially when you factor in the phone's unparalleled design and construction.

Get over this pentile BS. Nothing you do will make the screen better, so instead of complaining or saying it's a "problem", get a new phone and ask yourself why did I buy an N9 in the first place?

Peace.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lifeintheblitz For This Useful Post: