View Single Post
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by zwer View Post
Elop was brought in to fix exactly that - execution. And 'fix' it he did - he executed Nokia quite expertly. Bravo, sir!
Elop fixed Nokia alright. Spay or neuter your CEO today!

Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
I don't mean this to sound anti-American but...
If you have to preamble with 'I don't mean to be/sound/etc but...', it usually means you are and intended to be or do exactly what you're trying to say you aren't. If you weren't, you would just plainly state what you're actually trying to say. Please dispense with the apologetic preambles.

Originally Posted by switch-hitter View Post
...there are a lot of Americans that believe the iPhone was the original smartphone and unfortunately a lot of the American churnalists just regurgitate the same ignorant nonsense.
As someone that was born and lived in the United States of America, when I picture the first smartphone--I always imagined the Palm OS phones. Basically, a PDA with phone functionality was my first idea of a smartphone. ...Perhaps people here have forgotten all about Palm? I don't know where you're getting your impressions, but you're probably not an American yourself and unfamiliar with living day-to-day in and around Americans, and so unqualified to jump to such conclusions.

Oh right... and I forgot to start with, "I don't mean to be blunt, but..."
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR