View Single Post
First of all, no bad blood against Jolla users. I'm also cross-reading few Jolla threads, BTW. The problem is, as pichlo mentioned that...

Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
TL;DR: subscribe to topics of interest if the Active Topics section fills up with things that don't interest you.
...I can't, as I wont even *know* about existence of those topics of interest, because they're spammed-out by bulkhead of Jollas-related activity in "Active Topics!".

I don't know for others, but after years of using this forum, "Active Topics" is for me a (main) way of discovering new, interesting threads that are created.

Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
...and this is a dangerous place to go, because to some it may sound like "Jolla: pay or get out", and I don't think that Google/Samsung/Apple/Intel are paying despite the fact that there are a few dedicated Android/Tizen/etc. threads not to mention all the comparisons that are made (for better or worse) with their products.
Still, those "other companies" doesn't have a dedicated sub-forums and, generally, such "systematic" support from forum and its staff. I think, indeed, that it is not unreasonable to expect them to contribute financially.

But, all of the above becomes moot, as soon as we're given tools to...

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
An option to hide (blacklist if you wish) traffic from selected sections
Then, if TMO management doesn't see need to get contribution from Jolla and likes being their customer's center for free, who I am to oppose? As long as they allow "proper" Maemo content to breathe.

I don't mind dog-loving guests in our cat-lovers public house. If there are empty rooms they could use - that's great. But, if their dogs starts to chase our cats, and I need to run around the place to even find them, I'm starting to get pissed off. Hospitality shouldn't make normal living so problematic for hosts, should it?

If, on the other hand there are difficulties about creating technical possibilities for hosts and long-time guests to coexistent without problems, then, maybe, inviting guests so early isn't that good idea, after all?
---

This is all my post is (and was) about. A food for thoughts.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: