View Single Post
Originally Posted by lardman View Post
I've just pushed matplotlib to extras-devel, let me know how it works
Took me a long while to notice your reply and then get around to trying it, I get the following error in scratchbox (x86):

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "matplotlib_test.py", line 1, in <module>
    import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/matplotlib/__init__.py", line 739, in <module>
    rcParams = rc_params()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/matplotlib/__init__.py", line 657, in rc_params
    fname = matplotlib_fname()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/matplotlib/__init__.py", line 599, in matplotlib_fname
    path =  get_data_path() # guaranteed to exist or raise
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/matplotlib/__init__.py", line 248, in wrapper
    ret = func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/matplotlib/__init__.py", line 520, in _get_data_path_cached
    defaultParams['datapath'][0] = _get_data_path()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/matplotlib/__init__.py", line 516, in _get_data_path
    raise RuntimeError('Could not find the matplotlib data files')
RuntimeError: Could not find the matplotlib data files
With the following code from http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/us..._tutorial.html

Code:
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
plt.plot([1,2,3,4])
plt.ylabel('some numbers')
plt.show()
I get the same error with just "import matplotlib" as well (afairecall matplotlib uses tk as default toolkit so the example code might not actually work as-is ["matplotlib.use('GTK')" may be needed)

The Following User Says Thank You to rambo For This Useful Post: