View Single Post
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Oldenzaal, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
For stepper motors of that size, RS and Farnell can supply them. However the these robots often use the same servos the you will find in any hobby grade RC cars and come in a variety of sizes, torque ranges and turn speeds.(those pictured above appear to be futaba by manufacture)

I too would love to build one of these. I was trained as a mechanical engineer, my other hobby is RC cars and have a good understanding of the power systems and motors used for this,and have previously built a cybot just for fun...
http://lpilsley.co.uk/cybot/graphics/robo-mag.gif

My problem has always been that whilst I have the mechanical understanding to build the machine, I still don't fully grasp the software to operate these things. I still have my cybot and would love to have the n900 control it. Shame they never released the software for it.
Kinda the same here, i've built a couple of robots myself, the first one a cybot too, after that ive built my own controller for cybot with an old fritzbox(running linux) modem and a microcontroller board, after that some standalone microcontroller ****, but i never get them to do anything cool cause i dont know all the advanced algorithms for sensor data interpretation

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterbjornx For This Useful Post: