View Single Post
Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
I like this idea. After all you don't want others seeing pics of you or your girlfriend in compromising positions etc !

I would think something like a protected folder would have to be viewed in an Explorer type window that asks for a password to access. when viewing, icons clicked etc to open in the default associated programs. There's no point having pictures appear up in the photo viewer with a description saying "wife naked" and a locked icon, as that will still cause inquiring minds.

Or perhaps, when the picture/video/music/etc is opened from the protected folder, it shows only the protected files available in the player, or perhaps *all* of the files on the device are accessible.
Can I borrow your device

Ok jokes apart, I see your point.
It should not only protect the folder but the files in it. I guess, it might be possible to achieve this.

For ex, lets take a simple photo viewer app!
Assuming the photo viewer app only views files ending with an extension jpg/jpeg/bmp/png/raw/etc. To avoid protected data from being viewable in the photo viewer app, the extensions of those picture files in the to-be-protected folder can be changed to something other what the photo viewer app would understand (say, xyz). And the protector app will remember all these temporary mappings.

This app can be protected from being run by a password.

The Following User Says Thank You to vkv.raju For This Useful Post: