Thread: Anki for N900?
View Single Post
Originally Posted by senorsmile View Post
This worked for me too. I didn't have to find a sipconfig.py file. I did have to install

apt-get install python-qt4

to get a missing QtSvg dependancy solved. All the fonts are kind of huge and some screens are a little difficult to see. It runs much quicker than in easydebian. It's also very strange that it's picking up on my decks from the easy-debian install.

It's also doing a strange thing where about once per second the entire window within anki flashes. It's quite annoying. Anyone else had any success getting anki installed?
@Reacher - sorry I didnt answer sooner, yeah you have to be in root to install, should have specified that in my instructions. ill try to watch out if you need any more help

I recently had to reflash my phone and set up anki again. For dependencies I had to install python-sqlalchemy, python2.5-qt4 and python2.5-sip4-dev.(probly a much better idea then grabbin the file off google

Yet a weird behavior persists that i didnt mention before as i had all sorts of weird problems before the recent reflash When i run anki as normal user, the fonts are too big, background is black, generally its ugly and i cant open a new deck. Yet when i run it as root, it looks very nice and i can browse to open any deck i want.

what could be causing this? any workarounds, as i dont really like running anki as root all the time.