View Single Post
Posts: 49 | Thanked: 112 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Bristol, UK
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
As for battery connectors in fake-battery - isn't it just 100kOhm resistor between BMI pin and ground? The 2nd element - between ground pin and actual ground - isn't resistor for sure - it's either diode, or fuse, or something else, but not resistor (hard to tell from photo).
/Estel
It does look like a diode to me but shouldn't it be connected the other way round with the resistor? I though that BSI needs 100K resistor from GND and on the picture it looks like the resistor is connected to GND...
Originally Posted by blck View Post
As far as I can see it I would have to connect the minus-cable from the charger (I really do hope it is colorcoded aswell) to the minus-part of the box-cable, do the same for the plus-part and connect gnd and gnd?
Your "minus-cable" and gnd will be the same. I'm not sure though can you feed 5V straight in from the charger. Remember that the battery is rated at 3.7V but you can see voltage ranges from 3.2V to 4.2V... Can anyone confirm if there's any sort of voltage regulator in the phone and it's safe to feed 5V straight to battery pins?
Flash Player v10.1 (faked to v12.1) is here!

Taking pre-orders for dual PolarCell battery (~3000mAh) with Mugen cover for £50
Get a free giffgaff Sim with £5 credit here! Also 250mins unlimited txts & internet for £10 PAYG!